Monday, 29 September 2014
Thursday, 11 September 2014
If you want to get photos publish in the media, about your story, they are usually looking for a specific type of photo. The three most important things for the media are:
- You must try to tell / document the whole story in one photo - a big ask.
- The photos must be original
- The photos should be unpublished
Here are some other guidelines in relation to photo contents.
- Photos need context - clearly show the place and subject matter through signage, a building, a prop, monument or land / cityscape
- Make the subject stand out with a dramatic background different from the main subject matter - sky, landscape etc
- People should look natural – not posing lined up like a football team photo
- Shoot from different angles to make it interesting - the side, above or below
- Shoot people close up and from the middle distance.
- Show peoples faces
- Illustrate the cultural diversity / difference of the photo location adding interest and context
For more thoughts and guidelines on getting your photos into the media, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, 13 August 2014
“It is not as if a global World Record attempt such as this poses any sort of meaningful “security” issue for any particular country, rather, it should be held up and viewed for what it is, a friendly, positive symbol of international cooperation, much like any other truly global sporting event such as the Olympics or the football World Cup. Those events would simply not happen unless all the participating countries agreed to work together simply and for no other purpose other than for the advancement and celebration of sporting achievement throughout the world. The world community is enriched by such events and they are a constant reminder of our common humanity on this planet.
Friday, 8 August 2014
Sunday, 20 July 2014
Monday, 14 July 2014
Friday, 4 July 2014
Some some media coverage achieved below:
Boston Globe http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2014/06/28/mit-freshman-quest-circumnavigate-the-globe-gets-delayed/c5O6x3NSnlrbwTYEDAYONJ/story.html
Le Figaro http://etudiant.lefigaro.fr/les-news/actu/detail/article/record-du-monde-en-vue-pour-un-etudiant-aviateur-de-19-ans-6120/
Times of India
MailOnline / Daily Mail (UK)
La Razon http://www.la-razon.com/sociedad/asi_va_la_vida/Joven-dara-vuelta-mundo-solitario_0_2078792135.html
Washington Post http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/photos-of-the-day/2014/06/27/8a4978bc-fdf0-11e3-932c-0a55b81f48ce_gallery.html#item0
Brisbane Times (Australia) http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/teen-circumnavigator-closes-in-on-world-record-20140705-zsxg5.html
Deccan Chronicle (india)
Straits Times (Singapore) http://www.straitstimes.com/news/asia/south-east-asia/story/us-teenager-hopes-become-youngest-person-fly-solo-round-the-globe-20